Jammy eggs on over crisp summer snap peas
This bright early-season salad places sugar snap peas, toasted pistachios, and chopped fennel fronds atop tangy feta yogurt sauce and finished with a bright, jammy soft-boiled egg.
Time: 30 minutes
Makes 2 servings
1/4 tsp salt, plus more for water and to taste
2-3 cups sugar snap peas
1 garlic clove, finely grated or minced
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more for yogurt sauce
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
Freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
2 Vital Farms Eggs, soft-boiled (6 minutes)
2 tablespoons finely chopped fennel fronds (the green ends)
1/4 cup pistachios, toasted, chopped
Flaky sea salt to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add peas to boiling water and cook for about 1 minute. Use a slotted spoon to transfer peas into an ice bath.
3. Once cool, transfer peas to a cutting board and cut them down the middle, long ways.
4. Whisk together garlic, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper.
5. Add the halved peas and mix until coated.
6. In a small bowl, stir the yogurt, 1/4 cup feta, lemon zest, and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
7. Spread the yogurt on a plate, and add the peas. Then, scatter the remaining 1/4 cup feta on top.
8. Drizzle with more oil, add soft-boiled egg cut in half, and top with fennel fronds, toasted pistachios, and flaky sea salt.