Bring a gourmet flair to your meal prep routine
Crispy, ham-wrapped eggs bursting with aromatic herbs and creamy goat cheese.
8 Vital Farms eggs
1 sliced shallot
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup chopped dill plus 1/2 tbsp for garnish
1/4 cup chopped chives
1/4 cup chopped arugula
12 slices of thinly sliced ham
Goat cheese for garnish
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a pan on medium-low heat, add olive oil and sauté shallot until caramelized and slightly crispy (10-15 mins).
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend eggs, herbs, arugula, caramelized shallot, and salt and pepper with an immersion blender. You can also use a food processor or blender.
3. In a muffin tin, press each ham slice into the cup to form its own cup for the egg mixture.
4. Pour in egg mixture, filling each cup 3/4 of the way full, and top with goat cheese crumbles.
5. Bake for about 20 mins or until set. Make sure not to overcook these. A bit of runny egg is okay!
6. Garnish with dill; enjoy warm.
Bake ahead of time for an easy, nutritious meal to reheat and enjoy throughout the week.
Looking for a video tutorial? Find it here!