Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
These classic bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches have a handy little hack for getting all the eggs cooked in one fell swoop: sheet pan eggs! They bake and slice into even portions for the perfect sandwich and are great for meal prep. Stash a few assembled sandwiches in the freezer or feed the whole family.
- 4 tablespoons Vital Farms Unsalted Butter room temperature, plus more for buttering pan
- 12 Vital Farms Eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
- 12 slices bacon cooked
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 kaiser or brioche rolls
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter the bottom and sides of a rimmed quarter sheet pan (or a 9 x 13-inch baking dish) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs along with salt and pepper. Pour eggs into the sheet pan and carefully transfer pan to oven. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until eggs are just set and no longer wobble when you jiggle the pan.
- While the eggs are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly butter the insides of the rolls and place on the skillet, butter-side down. Griddle until golden brown, rotating rolls as necessary until all are griddled.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and as much hot sauce as you’d like in a small bowl. Spread a bit on both sides of all the rolls.
- When the eggs are done, slice into 6 pieces and add one to the bottom of each roll then immediately top with a piece of cheese and two slices of bacon. Add the top bun, then wrap the sandwiches up in parchment or foil to melt the cheese and steam the rolls a bit.
- Slice in half and enjoy.