Dutch Baby Pancake
With more time at home than ever, we’re all finding new recipes to try at home.
Our CEO, Russell Diez-Canseco, is sharing his family’s new favorite – a Dutch Baby, inspired by NYT Cooking. His wife Jennifer discovered the recipe in quarantine and decided to give it a go.
Essentially a large, fluffy pancake, Dutch Babies are easy to make, easy to enjoy and yield multiple servings (ideal for families!)
“Everyone loved it, and I think we finished it all that day. It was like having dessert for breakfast.” – Russell
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Syrup, preserves, confectioners’ sugar or cinnamon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine eggs, flour, milk, sugar and nutmeg in a blender jar and blend until smooth. Batter may also be mixed by hand
3. Place butter in a heavy 10-inch skillet or baking dish and place in the oven. As soon as the butter has melted (watch it so it does not burn) add the batter to the pan, return pan to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the pancake is puffed and golden. Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake five minutes longer
4. Remove pancake from oven, cut into wedges and serve immediately, top with syrup, preserves, confectioners’ sugar or cinnamon sugar
*Vital Farms Pro Tip* Want to try it savory? Skip the sugar and add bacon and cheese!