This Easter, think like our girls and be a forager
As you know, our girls love to spend time among the trees, looking for natural elements to feast on. We invite you to channel your inner-Vital Farms hen by stepping outside into your backyard or local park in search of grass, leaves, and flowers!
Live in a place where plants are limited? Head to the grocery store and purchase some herbs! Dill, rosemary, and parsley are a few options that will work wonderfully.
Use your selection of unique plants, a pair of nylon tights, and egg dye to create a beautiful batch of festive eggs.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Vital Farms eggs
- Boiling water
- Distilled white vinegar
- Liquid food coloring or egg dye
- Small cups or glasses
- An old pair of nylon tights
- Grass, leaves, flowers, or herbs
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes.
- Soak hard-cooked eggs in distilled white vinegar for 10 minutes.
- Use your thumb or a paper towel to wipe away the excess brown color from each eggshell.
- Fill cups with 3/4 cup of water, 1 tbsp. distilled vinegar, and 20 drops of your desired color.
- Cut nylon tights into small strips and tie them in a knot at one end.
- Place your herb, leaf, or flower cutting on the egg, with the top side facing the shell. Hold it in place and cover the egg with tights. Tie off the top to secure, ensuring each fits snugly around the egg. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Place the eggs into the prepared dye and let soak for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the dye once the desired color is achieved.
- Remove the tights and plant cutting from the eggs to reveal your beautifully dyed egg with prints!
You’ve finished your egg decorating, hooray! Now what? Let your designs shine as dining table decor, hide them for Easter Egg hunts, or deliver to a friend as an Easter surprise!