Our Response to COVID-19:
At Vital Farms, the health and safety of our stakeholders is at the core of everything we do. We enforce the highest food safety standards at every step of our supply chain beginning with our girls on grass roaming on at least 108 square feet of pasture. When our customers choose Vital Farms, we want them to feel confident that they are cooking with products produced safely and with great care.
Our hearts are with all those who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are doing everything we can to serve and support our crewmembers, consumers, and communities through this time. While the FDA has stated that there is no evidence of COVID-19 transmission through food or food packaging, we are taking extra precautions at Egg Central Station, our production facility in Springfield, MO, to keep our stakeholders safe. We have implemented several preventative measures to protect the health and safety of our crewmembers.
Our COVID-19 preventative measures include:
- Implemented COVID-19 protocol for handling potential cases in accordance with CDC guidelines, which includes contact tracing
- Personal protective equipment worn by all crewmembers in Egg Central Station, our production facility, including masks and gloves
- Staggered shifts and breaks as well as social distancing throughout facility to minimize contact between crewmembers
- Daily temperature checks via automated thermal scanner
- Increased hand sanitizer throughout facility
- Strict non-essential visitor policy
- Increased cleaning and sanitation procedures, including a daily deep clean of common areas as well as after each shift
- Sanitizing production floor daily (standard Vital Farms procedure)
These precautions are in addition to the strict food safety practices we always follow as a USDA-regulated facility. In addition to following USDA guidelines, we have achieved Safe Quality Food, or SQF, Level 3 certification, the highest level of such certification from the Global Food Safety Initiative. We are also one of the few members of the SQF “Select Site” program, meaning we are prepared for a safety audit on our facilities to take place at any time.
The health and safety of our crewmembers and customers is always our highest priority. We remain committed to doing our part to ensure households and communities have access to the food they need during this time, while maintaining the same commitment to animal welfare and food safety practices we’ve always upheld as a business.