How to Use Eggshells in the Garden
Gardening with eggshells is a great way to make use of something you would otherwise throw out! Yes, eggshells are great for your compost pile. But did you know you can also use them for organic pest control? Use this eggshell powder to protect plants falling victim to pest issues (e.g. holes in the leaves, root damage, problems starting seeds). Try not to use in excess – you still want to welcome beneficial insects to your garden! Ah, nature – it's all about balance.
- 18 Vital Farms Organic Eggs shells only
- Baking sheet
- Food processor
- Save eggshells in a sealed container or plastic bag.
- Rinse the shells to remove egg residue.
- Lay shells evenly on a sheet pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes to dry the shells.
- Transfer shells to a food processor and pulse until finely crushed.
- Spread a thin layer of eggshell powder around the roots of vulnerable garden plants (repeat after heavy rain).