DIY Eggshell Candles
Light up your table with these festive DIY candles, crafted with re-purposed eggshells. See the full tutorial here!
- 10 Vital Farms Eggs
- 8 ounces beeswax pellets
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 10 candle wicks
- Clothes pins
- Gently tap the top-third of the eggs with a paring knife, remove the top portion of shell, transfer the egg to a container and the shell to an empty Vital Farms Egg carton. Repeat with all your eggs.
- Gently press wicks into the bottom of your egg shells and set aside.
- In a heat-proof bowl or pitcher, combine the beeswax and coconut oil and melt over a double-boiler on medium heat.
- Gently pour the wax into the egg molds, leaving about 1/4-inch of space at the top.
- Thread the wicks through the clothes pins to keep them centered while the candles harden.
- Once the wax has hardened, trim the wicks to about 1/4-inch. Your candles are ready to light and enjoy!