Vital Farms Training and Engagement Specialist
About Vital Farms
Vital Farms Inc. is the leading brand of humanely-raised eggs in the US. Our eggs are sold to grocery stores and food service locations across the country. Inc. Magazine has ranked us among the fastest growing privately owned companies in America for each of the past 4 years. We have a stakeholder centered culture where each decision made is done so only after careful consideration regarding how our stakeholders will be impacted. Our Mission to bring ethically produced food to the table while bringing joy to our customers, empowering our crew members, fostering lasting partnerships with our farmers, being stewards of our animals and environment, and forging an enduring profitable business guide us each day. We are proud to be based in Austin, Texas.
Overview of the Role:
The Training and Engagement Specialist is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization while communicating our culture to each crew member. This position assesses developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for crew members. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance. The trainer develops and conducts training programs for crew members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confers with all stakeholders to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- Coordinates training schedule with the hiring and training demands of Vital Farms.
- Formulates teaching outline and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works.
- Conducts training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, refresher training, Safety, Compliance, HR training, etc.
- Tests trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Reports on progress of crew members under guidance during training periods.
- Assists crew members with problems concerning “how to” perform specific tasks related to their positions.
- Makes suggestions on improving work procedures.
- Maintains trainee personnel records.
- Develops strong relationships with internal customers to develop course materials and receive feedback.
Education & Experience:
- Knowledge of poultry industry, agriculture or manufacturing
- PHR or SHRM-CP a plus
- Able to set own goals and work to accomplish them
- Ability to build and maintain spreadsheets
- Good communication skills
- Organized and able to work independently
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
If you are interested in this role and think you would be a good fit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your 1) resume, 2) cover letter, and 3) three professional references. In your cover letter please tell us why you believe you are a good fit and how you can contribute to our amazing and growing company through this role.