About Vital Farms
Vital Farms, a Certified B Corp, is a pioneer of pasture-raising, and offers a range of ethically sourced products nationwide. Started on a single farm in Austin, Texas, in 2007, Vital Farms was recently recognized as a Forbes Small Giant due to their exceptional growth and conscious business practices. It is the leading producer of pasture-raised eggs in the country and this year became the first brand to offer pasture-raised ready-to-eat hard-boiled eggs. It also introduced a pasture-raised, American-made butter in 2015. Vital Farms continues to raise the welfare standards for happy, healthy hens and contented cows, with products of exceptional taste and nutrition. Vital Farms eggs and butter are sold in more than 9000 grocery stores nationwide.
Overview of the Role
As Trade & Forecasting Manager, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Vital Farms. Beyond providing invaluable insights to drive the business, you will also be able to recommend actions to be taken, working closely with and influencing decisions across the business. A successful person in this position will be able to see the world from bottom line perspective with a healthy respect for building the brand and marketing advantages.
Purpose of the Role
- Create and communicate sales forecast & trade to organization via working with Account Managers, Accounting & Marketing
- Analyze & Track spend; course correct based on event performance
- Post Promotional Analysis on events and make recommendations going forward
- Manage current excel forecasting & trade model through account manager input and overlays lift percentages based on past promotions
- Work closely working with the marketing team to compare versus their top-down forecast approach vs. our bottoms up sales version
- Help identify trade tool in 2019 to rollout
- Own rollout process, ensuring current promotions are integrated into new system
- Work with deduction analyst to ensure we’re on budget, also working with account managers to affect future promos
- Play a key role in the business planning process, developing account-specific trade & promo strategies and tactics in partnership with the account managers
- Set trade rates and concurrent MAPs guidance for sales crew and brokers
- Identify priority customers/channels/areas and work with field sales and marketing to develop distribution/pricing/promo strategies
- Post promo analysis – determine best events for ROI, best events for share, what should not be cycled.
- Monthly report out on trade & post promo analysis.
- Understand retailer strategies and implications for categories and brands
- Partner with colleagues, fostering a highly productive team that thrives in an environment of teamwork. Actively work to share best practices throughout the organization
- Think in a clear, decisive manner, remains calm under adverse conditions, and reaches independent, reasoned solutions when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, etc.
- Previous experience in similar role in CPG
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working cross functionally
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office
- Good working knowledge of Spins/Nielsen/WFM Portal data.
- Mastery of Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc)
- Master Excel able to manipulate & create extremely advanced workbooks
- Proven Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an autonomous, hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable & resourceful; pioneering spirit
- Ability to travel as needed for customer appointments, team meetings, etc.
- Flexible, Austin preferred
If you are interested in this role and believe you would be a good fit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to learn why you believe you are a good fit and how you can contribute to our growing company through this role.