About Vital Farms
At Vital Farms, we’re on a mission to bring ethically produced food to the table. Since 2007, we have been producing pasture-raised eggs with the highest ethical standards and our expansion has created a new, category leading retail egg segment. And, in 2015 we introduced our pasture-raised butter to stores nationwide. We follow a conscious capitalism business model, focusing on the welfare of all our stakeholders and are now recognized as a Certified B Corporation®.
Overview of the Role
As the Vital Farms SQF Practitioner, you are passionate about compliance, food safety, and training others. You care for people and love to create a good process. You feel rewarded by creating a culture of compliance, where crew members are trained and empowered to keep themselves and others working with the best systems & processes. You are a natural leader willing to step in to hold people accountable. You’re not afraid to speak up when you see something that either doesn’t seem right, or you know could be done better. Your care for people is your motivation in all that you do. You work with other leaders to find the best possible ways to teach our crew, support the needs of the business and stay aware of all best practices regarding food safety, quality assurance, and compliance.
- Ensure government regulatory compliance, HACCP, SSOP, GMP and QA programs for product performance and safety.
- Ensure on going corrective action leadership and continuous improvement for administration of audits.
- Provides continuous improvement strategies for Food Safety Management team and ECS Crew.
- Administers employee training programs related to GMPs, Food Safety and Food Defense
- Responsible for establishing and implementing the training according to the needs of the ECS Crew
- Conduct training on quality topics including the GMP, HACCP, Allergen, and Training programs ensuring our crew have the required competencies to carry out the functions affecting product legality, safety and quality.
- Have good communication skills both written and orally.
- Conduct audits of vendor facilities and product ingredients.
- Conduct management training regarding FSQA requirements to ensure compliance.
- Review reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and corrective actions to resolve deficiencies; Ensure appropriate actions are taken on a timely basis.
- Audit “Good Manufacturing Process” training and compliance for ECS.
- Oversee that standard requirements are documented to maintain compliance.
- Regularly audit that sanitation requirements are maintained in all areas of the facility.
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be a team player and work well with other members of the company
- Computer literacy; knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Food Safety HACCP
- Technical knowledge of analytical test methods. Knowledge of quality tools, quality trend reporting, advanced computer and writing skills, regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Must be a FSMA PCQI, SQF Practitioner and HACCP Certified. Must have developed and implemented all paperwork and training as it relates to FSMA Regulations and SQF Code Certification.
- Ability for strategic innovation thinking and strong communication skills required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Food Safety/ Research in Dairy production
- 1-3 years of experience with SQF and working with auditors.
- SQF and HACCP certification preferred.
- Viable candidate must have a positive can-do attitude, good organization skills, and the ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of HACCP, SQF, FDA, regulations
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to communicate with others in an effective and concise manner
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines through prioritization of tasks
- Consistent and punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Essentials Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage, reassess, and ensure compliance with the HACCP plan, pre-requisite programs, and SQF programs as necessary.
- Responsible for all HACCP, SQF, and FSMA documentation compliance updates.
- Participates in Internal and External Audits.
- Be in control of the Environmental Swabbing Program.
- Ensure compliance of all company Quality and Food Safety policies.
- Collaborates with FDA, SQF, vendors, and other institutions in audit completion.
- Handle all customer complaints in a timely manner. Keep an excel spreadsheet updated and current.
- All other duties as assigned
- To Apply
If you are interested in this role and believe you would be a good fit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to learn why you believe you are a good fit and how you can contribute to our growing company through this role.