About Vital Farms
Vital Farms is a leader in the ethical, natural food movement and the nation’s largest brand of pasture-raised eggs and butter, with a presence in grocery stores from coast-to-coast, as well as some restaurants and schools. Vital Farms was founded in 2007 with the mission to “bring ethically produced food to the table.” The company was founded on the principles of Conscious Capitalism, following a model which takes into account the interests of all our stakeholders. Our office is in Austin, TX, with operations based at ‘Egg Central Station’ in Springfield, MO.
Overview of the Role
The ideal candidate will have strong people skills, engaging with both our natural channel and grocery channel customers, brokers and internal stakeholders. The Regional Account Executive – West will work cross functionally to develop and execute annual plans to increase sales, improve velocities, and deliver profitable growth. Strong experience interpreting market data and providing insights to the customer, as well as providing recommendations for next steps, will be key to success in this role.
- Directly call on major retailer’s headquarters.
- Build a strategic and collaborative annual trade promotion calendar for retail customers
- Identify and execute on opportunities to expand the sales of Vital Farms across all Channels
- Pursue and secure new customers and distribution in the Western US
- Attend trade shows to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities
- Identify opportunities to build strong connections with key individuals and form meaningful and impactful relationships to continue to drive growth, beyond distribution.
- Request and analyze distribution reports to determine market coverage and opportunities for future growth
- Set performance expectations and manage all appointed brokers and distributors to achieve quality distribution in targeted accounts, timely execution of new item introductions, schematic implementation and promotional programming and ensure that they have all necessary resources required to succeed in the market place (e.g., product samples, sell sheets, promotional calendars, etc.)
- Offer strategic direction, guidance, and support to brokerage teams that align with Vital Farms’ annual business goals
- Conduct store audits (with broker management and/or field sales reps where possible) to ensure merchandising standards are adhered to and promotional programming is being executed
- Assist in the implementation, training, and auditing of brokerage teams and distributor territory reps to execute sell in and sell through initiatives.
- Utilize existing resources to run sales reports and analysis to support future sales initiatives and decisions.
- Manage relationships with key distributor buyers and supporting teams in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- High level experience in the Grocery and Natural Channels (including but not limited to: Albertsons/Safeway, HEB, Stater Bros., Gelson’s, Bristol Farms, Harmon’s, Basha’s, The Fresh Market) with CPG selling background in dairy or refrigerated spaces highly preferred
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts along with the leading brokers and distributors (Hidden Villa, KeHE, UNFI, Supervalu) servicing these channels
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an autonomous, hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable & resourceful with a pioneering spirit
- Proficient in Data Tools (SPINS, Nielsen, Retailer Portals), Microsoft Excel and trade analytics (selling price, margins, etc.)
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the Western United States
- Western half of the US (Chicago ->West)
If you are interested in this role and believe you would be a good fit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to learn why you believe you are a good fit and how you can contribute to our growing company through this role.