The Blue Egg (Egg Madness Recipe Contest Finalist – West)
Melissa C. of Flagstaff, AZ submitted this delicious recipe featuring Vital Farms Pasture-Raised eggs, and was chosen by Vital Farms to represent the West region as a finalist for the Egg Madness Recipe Contest.
The Blue Egg
- 4 Pieces Garlic naan or small herbed flat bread
- 8 slices Turkey Bacon
- 1 Medium sweet onion diced
- 1 cup Blue Cheese crumbles
- 4 cups Baby Arugula
- 4 Large Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Eggs Hard Boiled and Chopped
- 2 Large Avocados, halved
- 4 Tablespoons Tablespoons fig balsamic vinegar
- Spices - (Garlic powder, Pepper, Onion powder, Dried basil, Cayenne pepper)
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Take eggs and place in small saucepan and fill with cold water, covering the tops of the eggs by 1 inch.
- Bring eggs to a rolling boil over Medium-High heat
- Turn off heat and cover saucepan with a lid and let sit in hot water for 10 minutes.
- While eggs are sitting, prepare large bowl and fill with ice and cold water and set aside.
- Remove eggs from hot water with a ladle and gently place in ice-cold water bath.
- Let sit for 5 minutes or so to cool.
- Put skillet over low-medium heat and add Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Place Turkey bacon slices into the skillet once heated and dress with spices.
- Set bacon over paper towels and reserve bacon grease in the skillet
- Place onions in the skillet and sauté in bacon grease until soft and translucent and reserve in a separate bowl. Drain and wipe down excess bacon grease.
- Grill naan in the skillet and once warmed through, layer the rest of the ingredients in the following order: Crumbled bacon, sautéed onions, blue cheese crumbles, arugula leaves, sliced hard-boiled egg, avocado slices
- Drizzle Fig Balsamic Vinegar over the toppings and enjoy!