Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs (Egg Madness Recipe Contest Finalist – Midwest)
Maggie H. of Cincinnati, OH submitted this delicious recipe for Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs, featuring Vital Farms Pasture-Raised eggs, and was chosen by Vital Farms to represent the Midwest region as a finalist for the Egg Madness Recipe Contest.
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- 6 Large Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1.5 Tablespoon Old-fashioned mustard any stone ground mustard will work
- 3 Tablespoon mayonnaise homemade or Olive oil mayonnaise tastes best
- 2 Teaspoon capers
- 1 Tablespoon Dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced smoked sockeye salmon
- Fresh dill sprigs for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place eggs in a saucepan and add cold water, leaving approximately 2" of water above eggs.
- Bring water to boil.
- Boil eggs for 6-7 minutes and remove from heat and rinse under cold water continuously for at least 1 minute.
- Remove eggs from pan and place in a bowl.
- Crack each egg under cool, running water and carefully peel. Gently pat each egg dry with a paper towel.
- Using a knife, slice each egg in half length-wise. Remove the yolks from each egg and place in a mixing bowl.
- Set whites aside on a serving platter and place in the refrigerator to chill. Mash the yolks, then add avocado, capers, mustard and dill and mix together. Cover mixture and refrigerate for 15 minutes to chill.
- Remove eggs and mixture from the refrigerator. Using a teaspoon, evenly disperse mixture into the egg halves.
- Top with a small slice of smoked salmon and fresh dill sprigs, and season with salt and pepper to taste.