Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 lb fresh unpeeled tomatoes (any variety - cut into roughly 1-2 inch chunks)
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4-6 cloves Largeof garlic diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1/2 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled feta
- 6 pasture-raised eggs
- flat leaf parsley chopped
- cilantro chopped
- pita bread
- Preheat oven to 425. In an oven-proof sautoir pan, prepare the sauce over medium heat.
- Begin by heating olive oil in pan. Add onions when oil is hot, stirring regularly. As onions begin to soften, add garlic, jalapeno, and tomatoes.
- Cook down tomatoes for approximately 15 minutes, then add chickpeas, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Simmer for approximately 30 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from stove top. Sprinkle crumbled feta over top, crack 6 eggs directly onto the sauce.
- Place pan in oven for 5-10 minutes (until white is cooked and yolk will still be runny - poached).
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with parsley and cilantro. Serve with warm pita.