Healthy On-The-Go Egg and Veggie Breakfast Muffins
Breakfast is vital, and we love starting the day with these delicious and healthy egg and veggie breakfast muffins. But don’t just reserve these gluten-free and Paleo friendly egg cups for the morning– they make a great on-the-go snack, too!
Healthy Egg and Veggie Breakfast Muffins
- 6 Large Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Chopped White Onion
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Button Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon olive oil Reserve 1 teaspoon of olive oil for greasing muffin pan
- 1/2 Tsp Course salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit and grease muffin cups with olive oil
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl with wire whisk
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion, red bell pepper, and mushrooms until onions become translucent and the vegetables are soft and fragrant
- Combine sautéed vegetables with beaten egg and stir gently. Add sharp cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Take ladle and scoop about 1/4 cup of egg mixture and pour into greased muffin cup, up to 3/4 full.
- Place muffin pan in oven and bake for 25 minutes, until eggs are set. Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes before serving.