Vital Farms Processing Crew Member
Are you looking for long-term employment in a brand new, clean, modern and fast-paced manufacturing facility as part of a larger team? A place where your contribution and your happiness are valued? Vital Farms is looking for Processing Crew Members to join our crew in our new manufacturing facility in Springfield.
Vital Farms is the most exciting and rapidly growing egg producer in the country! We are passionate about bringing ethically produced pasture-raised food to America’s tables. We are looking for people who want to share this mission.
Our new facility in Springfield is called Egg Central Station. At this facility we clean, process and package eggs from over 60 small family farms in the area and we are growing rapidly. Would you like to grow with us?
Processing Crew Members do one of two main jobs, a Loader who takes pallets of eggs from farm deliveries and readies them for washing or a Packer who oversees final preparation and presentation of egg cartons.
- $13 per hour
- 401k with generous company contribution
- Excellent medical benefits
- 19 paid days off per year, starting in first year
- Weekly crew lunches provided
- Free eggs for your friends and family!
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English for safety reasons
- 1 year of work experience with good references
- Previous food packing / processing experience preferred but not required
- Basic math skills
Requirements for Employment with Vital Farms
- Must have bank account for direct deposit
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. (sponsorship not offered)
- May not own any birds, chickens, ducks, etc. to work in this position with Vital Farms due to health safety restrictions