About Vital Farms
Vital Farms is a leader in the ethical, natural food movement and the nation’s largest brand of pasture-raised eggs and butter, with a presence in grocery stores from coast-to-coast, as well as some restaurants and schools. Vital Farms was founded in 2007 with the mission to “bring ethically produced food to the table.” The company was founded on the principles of Conscious Capitalism, following a model which takes into account the interests of all our stakeholders. Our office is in Austin, TX, with operations based at ‘Egg Central Station’ in Springfield, MO.
Overview of the Role
The ideal Vital Farms National Account Manager for WFM/Amazon – will have strong people skills, engaging with both our natural and grocery customers, brokers and internal stakeholders. The National Account Executive will work cross functionally to develop and execute annual plans to increase sales, improve velocities, and deliver profitable growth. Strong experience pulling customer data, market data and providing insights to the customer, as well as providing recommendations for next steps, will be key to success in this role. Additionally, managing partnerships and Whole Food foundation relationships will be key.
- Build a strategic and collaborative annual trade promotion calendar for a large customer.
- Track weekly consumption, distribution, pricing, and sales to continuously forecast accurately business
- Create meaningful presentations for category reviews using category, brand, and item insights to capitalize on opportunities
- Work with marketing to create customer facing materials to launch innovation
- Work with marketing on impactful shopper marketing on VF priorities at both accounts
- Work cross-functionality with supply chain on seasonality, pipeline build, & accurate forecasting.
- Manage ad hoc partnerships as they arrive to create meaningful consumer events at WFM/Amazon
- Work cross functionally across both Vital Farms & WFM & Amazon on innovation pipeline, PL, and exclusivity opportunities.
- Manage annual or bi-annual dairy reset to get maximum distribution on innovation and current items
- Work with Brokers as needed for ad hoc support on execution
- Conduct store audits to ensure merchandising standards are adhered to and promotional programming is being executed. Influence global buyers to represent us well.
- Attend trade shows to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities
- Identify opportunities to build strong connections with key individuals and form meaningful and impactful relationships to continue to drive growth, beyond distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- High level experience in the Natural Channel with natural products. WFM & Amazon experience preferred. CPG selling background in dairy or refrigerated spaces also highly preferred
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts along with the leading brokers and distributors (UNFI), servicing these channels
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Spins/Nielsen/WFM Portal data.
- Proven Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an autonomous, hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable & resourceful. Pioneering spirit.
- Proficient in Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc)
- Ability to travel as needed for customer table tops, appointments, etc. Anticipate 20% travel.
- Ability to attend customer events as needed.
- Austin, TX Preferred
If you are interested in this role and believe you would be a good fit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to learn why you believe you are a good fit and how you can contribute to our growing company through this role.