Ah, the delight in cooking eggs over easy and breaking open the yolk to reveal the dark, nutritious splendor. There a few tricks in achieving this glorious feat and it starts with low heat. Most people expect the snap, crackle and pop of oil as the egg enters the pan but there’s no reason to burn these bad boys. Simply set the heat on low and allow the egg to cook until the whites become opaque. Be brave! Jiggle the eggs to make sure they’re loose from the pan and flip away. Fine, if you’re nervous, use a spatula. Let the eggs sit for just a few moments and transfer to your plate. If you’re interested in eggs over medium, let the eggs sit for an extra 20 seconds.
- 2 Eggs
- Ghee Or other cooking oil
- Heat pan, making sure it’s not too hot.
- Add a teaspoon of Ghee, or spray with your cooking oil of choice
- Crack eggs on dull surface and empty contents into pan.
- Cook slowly and jiggle pan to make sure eggs aren’t sticking.
- Flip over as carefully as possible, then serve.