About Vital Farms
At Vital Farms, we’re on a mission to bring ethically produced food to the table. Since 2007, we have been producing pasture-raised eggs with the highest ethical standards and our expansion has created a new, category leading retail egg segment. And, in 2015 we introduced our pasture-raised butter to stores nationwide. We follow a conscious capitalism business model, focusing on the welfare of all our stakeholders and are now recognized as a Certified B Corporation®.
Overview of the Role
As the Vital Farms Fulfillment Coordinator, based at Egg Central Station (ECS) in Springfield, Mo, you will develop a system for receiving just what is needed, just in time! You are a planner, taking in all of the data and developing a plan you can’t wait to see come to life. You will be passionate about serving our stakeholders by creating an organized and regular schedule of product and material movement. You will ensure production has the product and packaging they need to produce orders, without ever running out. Simultaneously, you will ensure we do not have too much product or packing on site such that we overrun our coolers or warehouse. You will have a scheduled delivery pattern, so our logistics partners are never put in a position to make last minute or crisis deliveries for ECS. You will work closely with our manufacturing partners to manage everything coming and going from ECS. Once you have defined the appropriate order quantities and frequencies, you will be like a train conductor, making sure everything happens without a hitch. And finally, you anticipate when a change to the plan is necessary and aren’t afraid to scrap the prior plan in favor of a new and better one!
- Receive weekly sales orders from our customers via Net Suite.Work with production to develop a production planner for the week.
- Based on the production planner, make product and packaging picks and work with our logistics team to develop a plan for delivery and shipping of all product, packaging and finished goods.
- Ensure adequate inventory levels of product, packaging, and supplies are maintained at all times using just in time fulfillment methods.
- Be accountable for accurately receiving, storing, and tracking all inventory.
- Recommend fulfillment policies that guide ECS in maintaining and improving Vital Farms’ efficiency and profitability.
- Coordinate with Operations, Sales, and Shipping and Receiving in all areas of order fulfillment to ensure accurate orders and product delivery timeframes.
- Respond quickly to external factors impacting fulfillment. Consistently look ahead to see problems before they become issues. Define problems through gathering data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Work with stakeholders to resolve problems.
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to meet the needs of our customers.
- Develop and update standard inventory control procedures to facilitate smooth operations and inventory accuracy.
- Must understand that at Vital Farms we are on a mission and we work collaboratively in pursuit of that mission.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
Education and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software, with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to communicate with others in an effective and concise manner
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines through prioritization of tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and personal mobility in order to work in a multilevel manufacturing and warehousing environment;
- Sufficient clarity of speech, hearing and/or other capabilities, which permits the employee to communicate effectively;
- Required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, reach, lift, place, push, pull, crouch, or crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you are interested in this role and believe you would be a good fit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to learn why you believe you are a good fit and how you can contribute to our growing company through this role.