About Vital Farms
Vital Farms is a leader in the ethical, natural food movement and the nation’s largest brand of pasture-raised eggs and butter, with a presence in grocery stores from coast-to-coast, as well as some restaurants and schools. Vital Farms was founded in 2007 with the mission to “bring ethically produced food to the table.” The company was founded on the principles of Conscious Capitalism, following a model which takes into account the interests of all our stakeholders. Our office is in Austin, TX, with operations based at ‘Egg Central Station’ in Springfield, MO.
Overview of the Role
The ideal Vital Farms Distributor Manager will have strong people skills, engaging with our two largest distributors, brokers and internal stakeholders. The Distributor Manager will work cross functionally to develop and execute annual plans to increase sales, distribution, and deliver profitable growth. Strong experience pulling customer data, market data and providing insights to the customer, as well as providing recommendations for next steps, will be key to success in this role. Additionally, managing relationships and information will be key.
- Build a strategic and collaborative annual trade promotion calendar for distributor base model.
- Advanced excel skills and organization to tracking shipments, unsaleables, service levels, and fulfillment rate.
- Proactively managing seasonality, distribution changes, promotional readiness, competitive impact to influence orders.
- Accurately forecast
- Create and manage distribution matrix and strategy for account managers to implement as new distributors come on board.
- Monitor account manager forecasts for related distributors.
- Track & Analyze swell by distributor and make recommendations on strategy for go-forward actions. Collaborate with account managers to manage risk and rectify.
- Create meaningful presentations for distributor meetings using category, brand, and item insights to capitalize on opportunities
- Analyzing customer data and creating quarterly leadership updates on status, new customers, risk, etc.
- Successfully implement innovation at distributors, working cross functionally with account managers, brokers, and marketing to help ensure all deadlines are met.
- Manage trade deductions through customers to ensure AMs are accounting for slotting, promos, and merchandising.
- Work with Brokers to maintain relationships, deliver paperwork, communicate internally and execute plan.
- Proactively notify organization of competitive activity, new items, and future growth opportunities via distributor model.
- Attend trade shows to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities
- Identify opportunities to build strong connections with key individuals and form meaningful and impactful relationships to continue to drive growth, beyond distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- High level experience in the Natural Channel with natural products. UNFI and/or KEHE Distributor experience preferred. CPG selling background in dairy or refrigerated spaces also highly preferred
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with distributors along with the leading brokers and customers utilizing these channels
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Spins/Nielsen/WFM Portal data.
- Experience with KEHE Connect & Clearvue preferred.
- Proven Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an autonomous, hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable & resourceful. Pioneering spirit.
- Proficient in Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc)
- Ability to travel as needed for customer table tops, appointments, etc. Anticipate 10% Travel.
Denver, Chicago, Austin, Providence Preferred – Major Cities considered
If you are interested in this role and believe you would be a good fit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to learn why you believe you are a good fit and how you can contribute to our growing company through this role.