About Vital Farms
Vital Farms, a Certified B Corp, is a pioneer of pasture-raising, and offers a range of ethically sourced products nationwide. Started on a single farm in Austin, Texas, in 2007, Vital Farms was recently recognized as a Forbes Small Giant due to their exceptional growth and conscious business practices. It is the leading producer of pasture-raised eggs in the country and this year became the first brand to offer pasture-raised ready-to-eat hard-boiled eggs. It also introduced a pasture-raised, American-made butter in 2015. Vital Farms continues to raise the welfare standards for happy, healthy hens and contented cows, with products of exceptional taste and nutrition. Vital Farms eggs and butter are sold in more than 9000 grocery stores nationwide.
Overview of the Role
As the Customer and Category Insights Manager, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Vital Farms. Beyond providing invaluable insights to drive the business, you will also be able to recommend actions to be taken, working closely with and influencing decisions across the business. A successful person in this position will be able to see the world from a marketing and business perspective, as well as from a researcher perspective.
Purpose of the Role
- Drive Vital Farms to fully understand trends, consumers, shoppers, customers, and their needs; identify opportunities for growth, improvement, and optimization; transform ideas into actionable items
- Deeply understand key competitors, anticipate their strategic moves.
- To be an organizational go-to for brand, category, and consumer knowledge
- Manage external partner(s) to assess customer & competitive data, developing insights and recommendations
- Report monthly and weekly on particular customers and performance
- Use the insights to make recommendations that aid business performance, effective storytelling and present data to bring entire organization along
- Lead insights work related to understanding competitors that play in the egg, butter and overall landscape. Identify key markets, cultural trends, and opportunities relevant to business objectives
- Identify opportunities to drive Vital Farms growth, disseminate learnings internally, including leadership, marketing, sales, and finance to ensure internal alignment and understanding of consumer and market needs
- Influence annual account business planning at the customer level, through full partnering with sales team, by providing actionable category insights and solutions that support category leadership objectives for customer, company, and category
- Leverage insights and resources through the utilization of a broad range of data sources, market research findings, tools, analyses, and technology to continually bring new shopper ideas to customer and company
- Play a key role in the business planning process, developing account-specific strategies and tactics in partnership with the account managers
- Maintains knowledge of the retail environment and the competitive arena
- Partner with colleagues, fostering a highly productive team that thrives in an environment of teamwork. Actively work to share best practices throughout the organization
- Think in a clear, decisive manner, remains calm under adverse conditions, and reaches independent, reasoned solutions when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, etc
- Previous experience of similar role in CPG
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working cross functionally
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office
- Mastery of Spins/Nielsen/WFM Portal data.
- Ability to create concise, easy to read selling materials based on findings.
- Proven Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an autonomous, hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable & resourceful; pioneering spirit
- Ability to travel as needed for customer appointments, team meetings, etc.
- Flexible, Austin preferred
If you are interested in this role and believe you would be a good fit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to learn why you believe you are a good fit and how you can contribute to our growing company through this role.